“Third party cookies” are set by third parties and enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through MOONS’’s sites (e.g., advertising, videos, and website analytics services). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your device when it visits MOONS’ sites or other websites.
3. How Long do Cookies Last?The length of time a cookie will stay on your device varies. MOONS’ sites use the following types of cookies:
• “Session cookies” are deleted automatically at the end of your web browsing session when you close your browser, unless your browser is configured to persist your session.
• “Permanent cookies” or “persistent cookies” are not deleted when your browser is closed and remain on your device until they either expire or are deleted.
• Advertising & Marketing Cookies. These cookies enable interest-based advertising on MOONS’ sites and third party websites using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites. Interest-based ads are displayed to you based on cookies linked to your online activities, such as viewing products on our sites. We may also share this information with third parties for these purposes. These cookies help us to tailor advertisements to better match your interests, manage the frequency with which you see an advertisement, and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
• Functional Cookies. These cookies deliver enhanced functionality, including a more personalized and relevant experience on our sites by identifying who you are and storing your activity. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all site features and services may not function properly.
• Social Media Cookies. These cookies allow identification of users and content connected to online social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, and help MOONS’ to improve its social media outreach.
• Analytics & Performance Cookies. These cookies, including cookies from Google Analytics, allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors on MOONS’ sites and see how visitors navigate our sites. This helps us improve the way MOONS’ sites work (e.g., by making it easier for you to find information on the site).
• Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the operation of MOONS’ sites or to fulfill your requests (e.g., to track what items you have placed into your cart on the MOONS’ Store, to access secure areas of the MOONS’ site, or to manage your configured cookie preferences).
Some cookies may fall into more than one category and serve multiple purposes.
We also work with third party companies, such as web analytics companies, advertisers, or companies working on their behalf. These companies use cookie technologies to serve the ads that appear on MOONS’ or third party websites directly to your browser, based in part on your online activity. These third parties employ cookies to measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements for their clients, including us. To do so, these companies may use information about your visits to our sites and other websites. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes, including providing relevant advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. The information practices of these advertisers and third party websites would be covered by their policies. See Section 5 for additional information concerning how to control or limit the cookies used by some third party websites.
5. How to Control CookiesYou can control or delete cookies via your internet browser settings. The “Help” feature on most browsers will explain how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on tailoring your cookie preferences on MOONS’ sites, see Section 6, below. If you disable cookies, you may still see ads, even if they are not driven or personalized using cookies.
Another option for cookie control is a browser plug-in, which is a piece of software that can enable additional capabilities to your browser.
Some web browsers may let you enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. While MOONS’ sites at this time do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.