The word Hybrid means combination or mixture. A hybrid stepper motor or a HB stepper motor is a combination of the features of the Variable Reluctance Stepper Motor and Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor. The shaft of a stepper motor rotates in discrete step increments when electrical command pulses are applied to it in the proper sequence. HB Stepper motors are the easiest devices for precise positioning control. They are widely being used in various application for position and speed via all kinds of control signals such as digital, analog, communication etc. HB motors come in different types including the basic type, encoder type, IP65 type, Integrated type with drive and controller, brake type and geared type. Over 300 Models In-stock and Ready to Ship!
Precise Positioning Control-A stepper motor rotates with a fixed step angle, just like the second hand of a clock.
• Precise Positioning Control
A stepper motor rotates with a fixed step angle, just like the second hand of a clock. This angle is called "basic step angle." MOONS' offers several types of "basic step angle" as standard motors: 2-phase stepping motors with a basic step angle of 0.9° and 1.8° and 3-phase stepping motors with a basic step angle of 1.2°. Besides the standard motor, MOONS' also has stepper motors avalible with other "basic step angle." They are 0.72°, 1.5°, 3.6° and 3.75°, these motors are not listed in this catalogue, please contact MOONS' for details.
• Easy Control with Pulse Signals
A system configuration for high accuracy positioning is shown below. The rotation angle and speed of the stepping motor can be controlled accurately using pulse signals from the controller.
• What is a Pulse Signal?A pulse signal is an electrical signal whose voltage level changes repeatedly between ON and OFF. Each ON/OFF cycle is counted as one pulse. A command with onepulse causes the motor output shaft to turn by one step. The signal levels corresponding to voltage ON and OFF conditions are referred to as "H" and "L," respectively.
• The length of Rotation is Proportional to the Number of PulsesThe length of rotation of the stepping motor is proportional to the number of pulse signal (pulse number) given to the driver.The relationship of the stepper motor's rotation (rotation angle of themotor output shaft) and pulse number is expressed as follows:
• The Speed is Proportional to the Pulse FrequencyThe speed of the stepper motor is proportional to the frequency of pulse signals given to the driver. The relationship of the pulse frequency [Hz] and motor speed [r/min] is expressed as follows:
• Generating High Torque with a Compact Size
Stepper motors generate high torque with a compact size. These features give them excellent acceleration and response, which in turn makes these motors well-suited for torque-demanding applications where the motor must be started and stopped frequently. To meet the need for greater torque at low speed, MOONS' also has geared motors option.
• Frequent Starting/Stopping is Possible • Speed VS Torque Characteristics comparetion between servo and stepper with same motor size.
• The Motor Holds Itself at a Stopped Position
Stepper motor has full torque at stand-still as long as the windings are energized. This means that the motor can be held at a stopped position without using a mechanical brake.
• Motor with Electromagnetic Brake
Once the power is cut off, the self-holding torque of the motor is lost and the motor can no longer be held at the stopped position in vertical operations or when an external force is applied. In lift and similar applications, an electromagnetic brake type motor is required.
• Closed Loop Servo Control Stepper Motors
step-servo The step-servo is an innovative revolution for the world of stepping motor, it enhances the stepping motor with servo technology to create a product with exceptional feature and broad capability. The step-servo greatly improves the performance to be muchmore Intelligent, Efficient, Compact, Accurate, Fast and Smooth.
How to Control HB Stepper Motors?
With MOONS' advanced stepper drive technology, each stepper motor can be operated under various control modes .
Control Modes for Drives
With MOONS' advanced stepper drive technology, each stepper motor can be operated under various control modes as position control, velocity control or torque control. MOONS' stepper drive accepts all types of control signals including digial, analog and Industrial network communications. Built-in controller Q drive supports stand alone operation for single axis motion by stored sofiscated program execution.
• Pulse Control
Pulse control is a traditional way to command a stepper motor in position and velocity control. The length of rotation is proportional to the number of pulses as well as the speed is proportional to the pulse frequency. Three most popular pulse control digital signal types are Pulse & Direction, CW/CCW Pulse and A/B Quadrature.
• Pulse & Direction When the Pulse input is turned ON while the DIR input is ON, the motor willrotate by one step in one direction. When the Pulse input is turned ON while the DIR input is OFF, the motor will rotate by one step the other direction. *Direction definition of DIR input can be configured via MOONS' software. The chart below shows motor configured as while the DIR input is ON, the motor will rotate by CW direction.
• CW/CCW Pulse When the X1 input is turned ON, the motor will rotate by one step in One direction. When the X2 input is turned ON, the motor will rotate by one step inthe other direction. *Direction definition can be configured via MOONS' software. The chart below shows motor configured as while the X1 input is ON, the motor will rotate by one step in CW direction.
• A & B Quadrature The motor will move according to signals that are fed to the drive from a two channel increamental master encoder. Direction definition can be configured via MOONS' software. Direction is determined via which channel leads the other. The chart below shows motor configured as while X1 Leads X2, the motor will rotate by CW direction.
• Analog Control
MOONS' stepper drive has the ability to accept analog signal for position and analog control, can also use analog signal for torque control.
• Field Bus Control
MOONS' stepper drive supports all popular Industrial network communications including RS-485, Modbus, CAN and Ethernet.
• Stand Alone Operation
MOONS' Built-in controller Q drive supports stand alone operation for single axis motion by stored sofiscated program execution. It has the ability to run up to 744 lines of stored Q program in non-volatile memory. Q programs are created using the Q Programmer software, which provides multi-tasking, math calculations using analog and digital parameters, conditional processing, data register manipulation, and more features in a robust yet simple text-based programming language.
Hybrid Stepper Motor Types
Stepper motors come in different types including the basic type, encoder type, IP65 type, Integrated type with drive and controller, brake type and geared type.
Stepper Motor Category
Stepper motors come in different types including the basic type, encoder type, IP65 type, Integrated type withdrive and controller, brake type and geared type. The availability of all options can also be combined together as the most optimize and compact motion control unit, for example, MOONS' can offer encoder and geared type, IP65 integrated with drive, controller and encoder, all combinations are avalible per request.
Basic TypeA basic model that is easy to use and designed with a balanced set of functions and characteristics.
Encoder TypeEncoder type stepper gives the possiblity for closed loop control, encoder feedback signals can be used for position verification and enhanced performance as stall detection and stall prevension depending on the features of the drive.
IP65 TypeIP65 type stepper motors with the feature of dust proof and resistant to low pressure water jets, are ideal for applications in wet factory environments such as the food and beverage industry or outdoor use. IP65 specifies a product that is dust tight (no ingress of dust; complete protection against contact) and protected against water jets (water projected by a nozzle from any direction shall have no harmful effects).
Integrated Type with Drive and ControllerIP65 type stepper motors with the feature of dust proof and resistant to low pressure water jets, are ideal for applications in wet factory environments such as the food and beverage industry or outdoor use. IP65 specifies a product that is dust tight (no ingress of dust; complete protection against contact) and protected against water jets (water projected by a nozzle from any direction shall have no harmful effects).
Brake TypeThese motors incorporate a non-excitation type electromagnetic brake. When the power is accidentally cut off due to power outage or other unexpected event, the electromagnetic brake holds the load in position to prevent it from dropping or moving. Brake type steppers are wildly used in vertical axis application.
Geared TypeThese motors incorporate a dedicated position-control gearhead with reduced backlash to make the most of the high controllability of the motors. The gearhead ensures highly accurate, smooth operation even in applications where a large torque is received.
2 phases 1.8° hybrid stepper motor is the most popular in market and has the most extensive product coverage, as a result of a series of optimizations and improvements, its performance and value has been greatly improved.
MOONS’ PowerPlus technology provides 25% to 40% more torque across the entire speed range of the motor. The increased torque is a result of higher motor efficiency, and is available without increasing the drive voltage or current.
Small torque fluctuations, smooth running, suitable for the pursuit of quiet and smooth running applications. At the same time, the outdoor environment tolerance of the encapsulated hybrid stepper motors will be better.